i2c module block diagram ug-1085(ch22)
2. Device tree of controller and slave devices
3. Check i2c controller driver registration process: standard platform driver framework
Interface for reading temperature from the device:
The essence of reading and writing: finally, it is to read and write through adapter - > algo in the cl ...
Added by laeelin on Tue, 08 Mar 2022 10:15:31 +0200
14. Device tree
1. What is a device tree?
Device tree is a data structure that describes hardware resources. It transmits hardware resources to the kernel through bootloader, making the description of kernel and hardware resources relatively independent.
2. Origin of device tree
To understand why there is a device tree and how it comes from ...
Added by Gorillas on Sat, 19 Feb 2022 15:13:39 +0200
Linux applications usually have three ways to query whether device drivers can be accessed: blocking, non blocking and asynchronous notification.
Asynchronous notification: "signal" came into being. The signal is similar to the "interrupt" used in our hardware, but the signal is at the software level. It can be regarded as ...
Added by RCB on Wed, 16 Feb 2022 05:47:00 +0200
Turn from https://edu.csdn.net/lecturer/505 Teacher Zhu Internet of things lecture hall 5.linux driver development - Part 5 - 5.5.linux device driver model
Part I contents of chapters 5.5.1. Introduction to Linux device driver model 5.5.2. Underlying architecture of device driven model 5.5.3. Bus device drive organization 5.5.4. Introduction t ...
Added by dannau on Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:58:30 +0200
As a driver author, you may find that you have to download firmware into a device before it can work Competition in many parts of the hardware market is so intense that manufacturers are reluctant to spend even a little of the cost of EEPROM used as device control firmware Therefore, the firmware is released on a CD with the hardware, ...
Added by Eric_Ryk on Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:57:18 +0200
1, Open the road of driving development
1. Preparation for driving development (1) The development board of linux system running normally. It is required that the zImage of linux in the development board must be compiled by itself and cannot be compiled by others. Because you need a kernel source tree.
(2) The kernel source code tree is ac ...
Added by soul on Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:49:27 +0200
1, What is a drive frame
1. Who wrote the driver (1) Drive development engineer (2) Kernel maintainer
2. Driver programming collaboration requirements (1) The interface should be standardized. Don't make a mess. There are several sets of interfaces (2) Minimize the difficulty of driving developers
3. What is the driver framework (1) The ...
Added by Spitfire on Wed, 15 Sep 2021 01:29:51 +0300